Sunday, March 29, 2009

Diggin' the Outdoors

Leila seems to be enjoying the outdoors as much as me. One can't help but be cheerful in the spring. The green on the trees is so youthful and optimistic. The bees and birds are happy to be busy, singing sweet songs as they work. The flowers are perky and colorful and inspire frivolity.

Everyday after work, Leila and I spend some time outside checking out the flowers, dirt and rocks. She has developed a rather persistent attraction to rocks and pebbles, and when she finds a special one, she presents it to me with such ebullient pride... that is, unless she puts it in her mouth first (luckily, she only taste tests and promptly spits them out before any damage can be done).

This past weekend, we enjoyed some quality time in the garden, planting the beginning of our summer cornucopia of garden delights (if we can figure out how to keep the pests out).

Below: rocks, rocks, "cool, I found a rock!"
Pretty poppies...Playing around with her watering can.
When I can teach her how to water the plants instead of her feet and the sidewalk, this will really come in handy!A good night's sleep after a hard day's work...

2 comments:

David Vaina said...

Leila looks like a little poppy!

Katia said...

I remember that Chloe would sleep with her bum in the air too. It's too cute! It was nice seeing you two at the market today. Love you.