Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A not-so-traditional Easter

San Francisco. Easter. What a gloriously unusual combination. Leila, Robin and I attended the Dolores Park Easter Celebration and Hunky Jesus Contest, hosted by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, the kabuki-inspired cross-dressing nuns-of-fun. Sacrilegious? Maybe a little. But entirely fun. We'll be painting eggs and eating chocolate bunnies from here on out, so why not try something a little different. Right? I mean, it could be 17 years or more before Leila gets another Easter like this one. And besides, how many kids can say they met their first drag queen on Easter Sunday at 14 months of age?

Ah, the beautiful freaky people of the beautiful City by the Bay...
Good times... in this moment, for everyone but Leila
The parade that we happened to stumble into.
Pretty in pastels?
Marching to the beat of a different drummer.
Leila, keeping it real.

1 comment:

Katia said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I want my kid to meet her first drag queen too. Looks like you had a lovely time.