Sunday, May 17, 2009

First '09 Trip to the Pool

Yesterday, I took Leila to the pool for her first summer-of-2009 dip. She was NOT havin' it, much to my dismay. Temperatures this weekend have hit the triple digits (YIKES!), so I was anticipating the water for a real reprieve, not to mention, to begin swim lessons and the subsequent water-loving indoctrination of Leila. Nearby, people were setting up for a BBQ and likely wondering why I was torturing my poor little girl. Now, I wouldn't say it was torture. I'd call it patience. Dedication. We took our time, played with the water from the poolside, and made frequent, brief attempts to get beyond the steps, only to be greeted by ear-piercing shrieks. Oh, it was sad. She finally relaxed enough to tolerate a solid 5 minutes of gentle swaying in the water. And I called it a success. She's up from her nap now, so we're about to head over and make another attempt at "Mission Leila Love Water."


And in other Leila news: She cut her first molar!!! So, that's what she's been all grumpy and drooly about!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Aww, cute suit on that girl! I know with you for her mama, she'll be swimming like a fish before long. Next time I'm coming, too!

Katia said...

Sorry we couldn't join you yesterday but we were resting from working in the garden. It was SO hot. Next time we want to come, maybe having Chloe show her the ropes will help.

Ruthie said...

Harper and Jack wanna get in on the water action. We'll have to make some plans. Congrats on the molar-- that's big time. It's so nice when the kiddo can eat everything easily.