Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Week in the Life of...

Cool girl Leila sports her new sunglasses and new shoes today.

Definitely aware of how hip she was looking, Leila took her hot wheels and hot shades out for a cruise through the house.

I was so proud of Leila today. She hung out with 6-day-old baby Otis Henry Tootle and was very sweet and generous. Below is a shot of her trying to offer Otis a Cheerio. She was also in love with his nose (which she jubilantly identified and lovingly poked... thank goodness Otis continued to sleep through her love jabs), and I don't blame her, Otis has the cutest nose I've ever seen.

Even I got so share the love. What a treasure... huge love in such a tiny package.

Earlier in the week, the Duttons and Clarks helped me celebrate my birthday with a good BBQ and this delicious cake -- a work-of-art made with heavenly chocolate and granache and cherry ice cream. Scrumdiddlyumptious!!!

Here's Leila sporting her fresh, new summer pixie haircut. With hair flopping into her eyes and a pesky collection of natty dreds knotting up at the back of her head, I gave in and snipped off some of her precious curls, while holding my breath that the curls would bounce back. The curls are still in effect, thank goodness. I love her crazy mop. This picture, and the next three were taken last weekend at Imagine U, the local kids activity center.

"Dude, where's the rest of the drum circle? I know I got rhythm, but help a sista out!"

Venturing through her first tunnel, with enthusiasm.

3 comments:

Ethan said...

The tunnel shot is rad!

Anonymous said...

I love the bangs!
Love, Aunt Vickie

Katia said...

She's so amazing. The two of you amaze me; you're super cool.