It was a great weekend. Leila made her big move to her big girl bed on Friday night. So far, we're three nights and three naps into the move and it's been a seamless transition. She was positively giddy as we put the sheets on the bed, and then joyously "practiced falling out of bed" according to Nana's instructions (a wise trick I never would have considered). Now, falling out of bed is actually a sport to Leila... she loves it. On night 2, she did actually fall out of bed, cried for help and then quickly settled down as soon as I picked her up and returned her back to bed and back to sleep.
Below are some pics of the new dresser and bed, thanks to her Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa Vaina. The furniture looks great! And it's really made Leila happy... funny how furniture has the power to make a two-year-old so happy.



On Saturday morning, Leila and I went to the ImagineU Children's Museum for a veritable tea party. We got dressed up in pink and sipped on pink lemonade out of real china and tried to be polite as we could possibly be (ha, not very).



After tea, Leila was riveted by a mom who brought in some abandoned infant sparrows that she was caring for and showed us how she feeds the hungry orphans.

Leila loves any chance to play with water. She keeps asking about the pool, and I keep telling her it's still too cold. I'm so curious to see how she'll actually react to BEING in the pool this year.

We started out our Mother's Day Sunday by watching the first 40 minutes of "Where the Wild Things Are"... it's fabulous. Leila was pretty keen on Max ("rrrrrrr") and actually asked to wear her "Max hat." So, she put on the whole Max Halloween costume for a little while.
Then, we strapped on our bike helmets and went on a 17 mile ride, braving the pre-storm gusty winds. It was a great ride along the river.

And we finished off the weekend with a wonderful Mother's Day dinner at Nana and Popo's house. Leila (via Nana/Popo) made me my second annual Mother's Day handprint plate. Adorable!
And Happy Mother's Day to my very patient, very creative mommy. I love you so much and appreciate all the life lessons you continue to teach me (even if I continue to seem resistant)!

Oh, and here's a glimpse of Leila's latest and greatest art projects -- bathtub magic marker art. How Jackson Pollack, right?
3 comments:
Sounds like a great Mother's Day weekend! You deserve it!!!!!
Love, Aunt Vickie
Looks like you guys are having some fun :)
Does sound like you had a nice Mother's Day Weekend. I love that the two of you get out and do stuff. I wish I was that motivated. Love you adorable girls.
Post a Comment