We're a little behind because we've been busy traveling and visiting with buddies. A few weeks ago, we headed down to Hollywood for dear Stephanie's bridal shower. We hung out with a bunch of old Berkeley buddies and their mini-me's. Below is a shot of Julie's son, Reina's daughter and Lindsay's daughter. Leila loved kicking it with her new friends, and I really enjoyed catching up with old friends whom I hadn't seen in faaaar too long.

Good times with a large empty canvas and a lot of green paint.

Priceless to see these kids splashing around in the tub together.

Between trips: Leila can't get enough of paint.

And of course, I can't resist taking her to the pool for more swim lesson. However, as I am becoming increasingly impatient to teach her, she's becoming increasingly distrustful of me and therefore increasingly resistant to lessons. As stylish as she is (below), take note of the reluctance in her expression.

The next weekend, we went up to Santa Cruz for a weekend with Cal swimming buddies. As usual, it was good fun and Leila delighted in her time with RoRo and Mary Hassett, and this time, with Anna too, though we missed Madeleine.

Leila and RoRo peeked in on a sleeping baby Mason at Blue Ball Park.

I also did a 10K run while up in Santa Cruz. Instead of rehydrating with water, I was talked into wine tasting (twist my arm, right?). Although tasty, I'm not so sure it was a good idea. Leila liked strolling the rows of vines though.

Leila was such a good, calming influence on baby Jack. He got a little bit grumpy with some tummy pains on Sunday, so Leila took it upon herself to sing to him and rub his belly. I think Jack is her new favorite toy.

And back at home again, we've been getting a lot of giggles out of our new Care Bear bubble maker. So many bubbles, so many laughs!

And tricycle rides around the neighborhood -- she learns to peddle while I pull her along with the jumprope. We're up to about 3 neighborhood laps now. Good fun.

And we chalked a little hopskotch sketch on the sidewalk, which she's enjoying...



Leila with her new music box.
Fur Elise, it's beautiful.

And, Leila with her new hippo step-stool for the bathroom... still not quite tall enough...
.jpg)
And a fun belated birthday bowling party for me. Leila loved the lanes and proved to be quite the enthusiastic cheerleader!

1 comment:
That kid always puts a smile on my face. You two are cute.
Post a Comment