Sunday, March 27, 2011
A Day on the Farm
Leila and I enjoyed a perfect day at KMK Farms today. When I say "perfect," I really mean it, in fact, "perfect" really doesn't even do it justice. The morning started out with weather that seemed undecided about whether to be stormy or pleasant. By 11 when the farm excursion began, the weather opted for pleasant, with a refreshing coolness in the air and a stunning spread of wispy clouds streaking the sky. We started by planting potatoes... like 500 pounds of them (between the whole 20-person group of us). Leila was REALLY into it! Then we headed over to the greenhouse and seeded about 250 summer squash (between Leila and I). Back at the farm, we fed the baby lambs and also made about 100 happy chickens even happier. The day concluded with a dynamite lunch made from delicious on-site ingredients. Yum! The best part of this perfect day was watching Leila truly revel in her farm experience.











Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So much fun!
You're right, perfect doesn't even begin to cut it. You were awesome partners. Thank you.
Post a Comment