She still gets cuter and cuter everyday, and her cheeks get rounder and rounder. She's definitely maturing. I might've jumped the gun with the last update at six weeks. Shortly after writing about her new miracle baby behavior she returned to her usual colicky antics. And I dare not curse us now by basing the future on her relatively mellow behavior this past week.
I will say that she continues to smile and make sweet gurgly spitty coos that melt the heart. She also drools a lot and blows spit bubbles. She's very alert and curious, with big saucer eyes that absorb every bit of her surroundings. Her eyebrows are very expressive, but I haven't quite learned to distinguish the "I love you" brow lift from the "I'm about to fart/shart" one. She's still averse to sleeping, but when she finally goes down at night, she's been sleeping for longer stretches.
Here are some pics from the last couple days...
We've been working on her ability to grasp objects. She enjoys holding hands. And we're just now getting her to grab onto a few toys.
We're trying to give her some more solo "tummy time," though she's not a big fan. She prefers tummy time on our chests. But she's definitely getting stronger and has near complete head control.
Whether it's to nap or play, Leila really likes her vibrating blue chair with the musical foot pedals.
Mommy's always proud of her sleeping baby.
Yes, I've been hiding it, but here's the "other side" of Miss Leila Raine. She's got one heck of a set of lungs on her and sometimes I wonder if my hearing has been affected yet.
1 comment:
Nice Legs girl!
Post a Comment