Sunday, July 3, 2011

It's been an active 6 weeks...

Our last post was May 23. Sooo much has happened since then. I'm going to try to play catch up quickly here, and will start with the most recent fun.

We just got a new toy and in less than 24 hours, I put it all together (no small feat) and we've taken it out for two test runs, the second of which was 7 miles. It's called the WeeHoo iGo rider. I've been eyeing it for months and finally gave in. So glad I did. It's amazing and Leila loves it! No doubt, we'll be traveling many, many miles with our Weehoo. Leila and the trailer weigh about the same, some 70 pounds together. Though it's a very smooth ride, the weight will definitely keep a limit on our total miles per trip.


July 1 was a big day for us, and July 6 will be an even bigger day (her first day of school). Leila had her last day at Michelle's. I hadn't anticipated the swell of emotion that overtook me as we had a small farewell party for Leila. Michelle has been such a formative force in Leila's life, and I feel lucky to have found such a positive influence in Michelle. We thank her for almost 2 1/2 years of patience, love and wisdom.
Here are the cupcakes I made for the occasion. Butterflies for my butterfly who is spreading her wings... growing up and getting ready to start school. It really is happening so fast.
On June 24, Leila and I took a trip to Santa Cruz. I had a client meeting and then we enjoyed the next two days with friends. Leila captured the heart of baby Jack Davis who eagerly learned her name and repeated it like a mantra for the duration of our visit (and even a few days after we left).
We stopped by the Boardwalk and took a ride on the merry-go-round. Jack and Brooke were with us too, which made for Jack's first "ride" ever... what a treat.And here was Leila's first "solo ride..." (Uncle Kris... this is a shout-out to you!)
And no trip to Santa Cruz is complete without a visit to "Blue Ball Park..."

On the second weekend of June, we took a trip up to my parents' cabin with the Clarks. We had a great time, blissfully breathed in that clean mountain air and took a hike along the Trail of 100 Giants. On Sunday, Leila and I made another hiking excursion that included a jaunt up to Dome Rock, where Leila fearlessly frolicked and scampered along the massive granite, 7,000 feet up, with a breathtaking view of the valley below.




And over Memorial Day weekend, we made a trip up to San Francisco for a much-needed visit with Auntie Bobby. As usual, we had a great time touring SF's many destinations. Our highlights included a tour of the Japanese Tea Garden and a stroll through Berkeley.





We've also been having plenty of fun around town, and have made recent trips to Imagine U (always a
favorite of Leila's) and the sports park, complete with the ever-exciting giant water fountain.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Leila sure has a fun, sweet, and loving mama! She's a happy girl.

adrienne said...

Wow! So many things! Need to catch up soon... Love you 2!

Katia said...

So sweet. She is growing up too fast.