Sunday, October 4, 2009

Catching up, Farewell to Summer

Yes, I'm long overdue for a posting. Life has been busy. Leila and I came down with another attack of the icky sickies, but this time it was a very unpleasant stomach virus. Just as Leila got over her ickies, she passed the baton to me. At the same time, she also had to undergo a second round of antibiotics because an infection was still haunting her delicate ear canals. Alas, we're both healthy again and Leila is back to her cheery, adorable and stubborn self.

Despite illness, it's been a busy week of social activities. Last Saturday, we went up to Bass Lake for a 24-hour escapade of lake-lounging, outdoor cooking, campfire singing and tent-sleeping with some Santa Cruz friends. Then, Katy and Javier came out to visit us for a couple of days -- Leila and I both thoroughly reveled in their familiar company. (Pictures coming soon.) And rounding out the week, I enjoyed a lovely Saturday brunch with an old friend, then an indulgent martini night with my Visalia "bosom" buddies while Leila spent a quality night with her Nana and Popo.

In other news -- fall has finally descended upon our scorched Central California valley. What a refreshing relief!

Below, Leila aims her toosh at the stars while sleeping in the tent last weekend at Bass Lake. Despite her odd contortionist pose, she slept sweetly and soundly.
The next morning, Leila was eager to get in the car and back to a "normal" life... the group of 30+ strangers (kids included) proved a bit overwhelming for Leila this time.
Leila's latest fave is Legos. She LOVES them!
And she also loves to help sweep and clean floors. Here's a little montage of her sweeping efforts...


3 comments:

Katia said...

She's so rad. Sounds like to had some fun. Loving the weather too, it feels so good not to be sweating buckets anymore.

Erica said...

Ahhhh I laughed out loud at the tent sleeping photo. She's so darn cute.

Abigail said...

I am glad for the update and I especially like the sleeping with the butt in the air! She is getting so big!