Leila, Nana, Popo and I visited the pumpkin patch yesterday. This is now Leila's second time to a pumpkin patch, and well, like last year, she wasn't really a fan. But unlike last year, it wasn't for her fear of spherically-shaped objects, but rather her general suspicion of all things new and unusual--more specifically, pumpkins with faces and other "creepy" Halloween-spirited themes. She wasn't even into face-painting. However, Leila definitely enjoyed our hayride through the orange fields.
Below, Leila is recovering from a traumatic encounter with an oversized smiling pumpkin, while I smile and sun-blindingly squint at the camera in hopes of a decent picture.

Weeeee, hayrides are fun!

Nana and Popo: "I paid $9 to be surrounded by orange trees?! I've been surrounded by orange trees everyday of the last 35 years!"

Leila was enthralled by the chickens, that is, until that overzealous, little dog came along to stir up some chaos in the coop.

PS - For the local folks, we tried out Seven Sycamores this year instead of Vossler. It was decent, but Vossler is better. Although nothing tops the belated Satterstrom's.
1 comment:
She made the cutest Max EVER. Thank you for sharing her with us tonight.
Post a Comment